#1 Concern of Commuters Considering Ride-sharing to Work:
The fear of being stranded at work without a way home.
About Emergency Ride Home
Our Emergency Ride Home program is designed to eliminate this concern. Any Irvine Spectrum area employee, resident, or student can request an Emergency Ride Home in case of an emergency on days they rideshare to work or school. (Ridesharing is any mode aside from driving alone e.g. train, carpool, bus, walking, etc.)
To Receive An Emergency Ride Home:
- Review the eligibility requirements below to make sure you are eligible.
- Complete the “Request Emergency Ride Home” form or call 949-727-4273 to schedule a ride. If you complete the form during normal business hours (8 a.m - 5 p.m.), a Spectrumotion staff member will contact you within 10 minutes to schedule your ride.
If you need an emergency ride home and our office is closed, please see the reimbursement section below for instructions.
If you have questions, please call our office at 949-727-4273 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Irvine Spectrum area commuters can get a free ride home in Lyft vehicle up to four times in a running twelve-month period. Generally, any unforeseen situation that prevents you from returning home in your ridesharing mode qualifies for the Emergency Ride Home. Some examples are:
- If you or your rideshare partner become ill or experience an immediate-family emergency
- Unscheduled overtime requiring you or your rideshare partner to work later than planned (not scheduled prior to your commute to work)
- If there is an unscheduled stoppage of public transportation and no alternative transportation is provided by the operator.
- Must complete a brief follow-up survey after the ERH.
Not sure if your situation qualifies, just contact us. We want to help you. Chances are, we can!
HOW IT WORKS
During Spectrumotion’s business hours (between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM), you can either call our office or submit the Request an Emergency Ride Home form and a staff member will arrange a ride for you. If your emergency happens outside of our business hours, you can arrange the ride home yourself and complete the form to be reimbursed.
After you submit the request form, a Spectrumotion staff member will contact you within 10 minutes to arrange a ride for you.
- You do not need to have the Lyft app. Once we’ve requested your ride, you will receive a text message from Lyft with your driver’s details (name, picture, license plate, phone number, ETA). Then you will be able to contact the driver directly if you have any issues.
After you submit the request form, a Spectrumotion staff member will contact you within 10 minutes to arrange a Lyft ride for you.
- You do not need to have the Lyft app. A Lyft ride will be schedule for the time you request and you will receive a text message from Lyft with your driver’s details (name, picture, license plate, phone number, ETA) when it gets close to the time of your ride. Then you will be able to contact the driver directly if you have any issues.
Submit a Request Emergency Ride Home form within 48 hours of your ride. Be sure to keep your receipt as you will be required to provide that to us for reimbursement. Tipping the driver is optional and we do not reimburse for this. After you submit the request form, a Spectrumotion staff member will contact you to confirm the information with you before submitting it for payment. Please allow 30 days for processing.
Interested in Irvine Spectrum area commute options for you, your company or tenants? Fill out the form below. We're happy to help save you time and money!